Add GUI QEMU Host in GNS3


Today I’ll show you how to add graphical host in GNS3 using Qemu. We’ll be using tinycore which is based on Linux 2.6 kernel, Busybox, Tiny X, and Fltk. Tiny Core includes ssh, iptables, iproute, tcpdump and IPv6 support. It is quite well integrated and doesn't require much tuning. This is a graphical version of Microcore linux image, we used in previous tutorial  Add Qemu host in GNS3 .

Download Tinycore Linux Qemu image
Tinycore Linux 2.11.5 Qemu image can be downloaded separately from here.

Setup image for Qemu hostTinycore

Go to Edit | Preferences | Qemu | Qemu Host

Setup new image with following properties
  • Identifier: tiny_core
  • image: local path to linux-tinycore-2.11.5.img
  • Memory: 64 MB
  • NIC: e1000
  • Qemu options: -no-acpi


Press Save and just added image will appear into Qemu Host images list.

Drag Host >> Select Name >> Right Click >> Start


Watch Tinycore in Action here.




Happy Learning Smile




Share your views...

8 Respones to "Add GUI QEMU Host in GNS3"

Hadi said...

I'm having problem when starting the qemu host. The was error " QEMU1 : dynamips error connection lost "


November 1, 2010 at 10:10 AM
Naresh said...

Download this qemu wrapper from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/gns-3/files/Qemu/qemuwrapper.exe/download . Replace this one with the one present in GNS3 folder in Program files. See If you still get error. If so please let me know.


November 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Kishorekannan said...

Hi,
I used Ubuntu 10.10 with GNS30.7.3, MicroCore 3.4, TinyCore 3.4, VPCS20a. I downloaded VPCS 20a Created a topolgy having 2 cloud, started vpcs and set the Lport and Rport values but was not able to ping both the ends, same issue with the qemu host also i can able to start qemu host (MicroCore, TinyCore) but cannot ping the other end tested with router directly connected to the qemu host and an L2 switch which comes default with GNS3

L2 switch directly connected to two Qemu host pc's, Not able to ping the other ends, If you can post some tutorial for Linux


January 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Naresh said...

I'll show you VPCS configuration part which I'll be posting today, So look out for that. For tutorial on Qemu , you'll have to wait a bit, since i'm busy with some office work.


January 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Danishjo1389 said...

hi all
thanks your help,
i use windows xp, two eth switch and 3 c7200 routers, and pc is linked to switch and start linking is ok, but consol has problem shart come up and goes off. what 's the problem please  mail danishjo1389@gmail.com your suggesion. it's big problem for me.
thanks


July 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Danishjo1389 said...

sorry the details :in GNS3,  i have access by hyperterminl to routers with localhost and consol port for every device. but i don't have access to host by consol. when click to console come short time a console with title 127.0.0.1 and soon goes off.

helpe me. it's big problem
danishjo1389@gmail.com


July 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Valter Popeskic said...

Very nice and helpful article, congratulations

I am learning TSHOOT right now and I am also CCAI instructor so this will help me simulate some labs that I need in my class. Thanks :)
IF you are interested, my blog about networking http://howdoesinternetwork.com it's writing about how exactly internet is working and about all the network fundamentals.. Including TCP and all other most important protocols of different OSI model layer.

Hope you will enjoy reading from it and help me with some comments and maybe suggestions.

Regards


November 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Abc said...

Hi, pls do u guys hv any image for the switch equipment on GNS 3


July 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Post a Comment

 

Contributors

My photo
I'm The Best At What I Do...

Our Partners

DISCLAIMER: This site does not store any files on its server. I only index and link to content provided by other sites. All the files are from internet. In case of any query/objection regarding copyright or privacy, please inform me at Contact me and leave your comment here. I will immediately respond to you.